Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book club

One of my favorite ladies lives here with me in the chi town. She's working over at the blue man group..(Monica.. Remember you saw her!!). Her and her blue man group friends decided to start a book club! And I got an invite!.... The book? Mindy Kaling's book!!! Remember... I got it for Xmas?!?!  The friend?  Alison!

So yeah I went! It was great, because you know .. I have lots of opinions about things- but especially this book.

**********Spoiler alert


Did you know Mindy Kaling and her friend wrote the Broadway hit Matt and Ben?!? It was a show off Broadway, kind of a spoof response to Matt Damon and Ben Affleck being struggling actors then writing a movie and winning an Oscar!

Awesome. I was in college when that show became famous and I remember thinking ... Damn them! What a great idea!!! Then ole Mindy shows up on the office as head writer and executive producer and I find this out in her book?!? It's cool. I'm real glad for her! Haha. But really the book was great and hilarious and what a fun discussion for a Tuesday night. And I know... Book club.... Nerd alert!!! And I felt that for a bit.. Then a few glasses of wine in. Book club was great!

Ps: did I mention Alison hosted and she is the best hostess/cook/house decorator/ ever! If she were my wife, i'd maker her cook for me every night

Pps. I ate almost all of the shrimp she made! Thank goodness she loves me

Photos to follow

Alison on the right, and her co worker- and in that little blue bowl- the best fried shrimp ever!
The book
These were my pinterest eggs i made for the Super Bowl party- they were a hit!  (out of order again)
the spread
 Sangria.. YUM   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...