Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

27 Weeks








Pregnancy: 27 weeks! As the title, and the picture mention. ;)  So I've read in some places today begins the THIRD TRIMESTER!! WOOT!  But, then some other places say it's week 28.  So... who knows. I'll celebrate it again next week.    All i know, if the baby were born today, we have 80% viability.  But, again.. STAY IN THERE BABY! 

Weight Gain:  at last appt. 16 pounds- we shall see On MONDAY! (when i PASS my glucose test)
 
Next appointment:   Mon. 7/16, I'll be 27weeks and 4 days. Glucose test.  MUST NOT EAT SWEETS..

Sleep:  Still good, but getting harder to get in and out of bed.  We need to re-do our bedroom asap.  I need to be on the outside - not up against the wall, so i can just roll outta bed, and be able to nurse the baby

Gender: Not finding out the sex.-  I'm thinking its a BOY.

Names:   pretty much have girls 1st name.  No middle name yet. Andrew and I finally semi agreed on a boys middle name... now to agree on the first name.  uh huh.

Feeling/ Symptoms:  bloody nose still, back starting to hurt.  Had my first charlie horse!  I hear those become pretty common. - besides that feeling good.
 
Movement:  Lot's and lot's of movement, especially at night.  I LOVE the movement. it's crazy.
 
Belly:   Soft, and round.  getting bigger!

Maternity Clothes:  Need a new bra. - still. strapless preferred at this point.

Stretch Marks:  nope!

Best Moment Last Week:   Nothing too memorable last week.  I saw Andrew's family, and it's fun to see family when you are really growing. I love the belly touching and the talking to the baby.  OH!  and i took that water aerobics class at my gym.  There was one other preggo lady there and me and a bunch of older women.  It was nice and easy and i will be going back.

Nursery:  no changes on this front either.  I got a little bit of the "nesting" bug last weekend.  But that pretty much equaled me on my hands and knees in the kitchen cleaning UNDER the stove.  i guess it needed it?  time to organize and move shit around for the nursery!  We want to get things going before my shower on 7/29, so we will have a place to put stuff.

What I Miss:  having drunk conversations with my friends. haha.  It's great hanging out with folks, i have still been going to the bars and doing things, but i realize when the person you are talking to is drunk- and you are sober.  Said person will never remember what you are talking about and the conversation is pointless.  kind of a waste of time.. am i right?  Now, NOT every time and not with everyone.. just some times. ;)

Looking forward to:   Being in my 3rd trimester! Scheduling my FREE 3D ultra sound for week 29- can't wait to see that face!!   getting the glucose test over with, and PASSING it.  and  the weekend. I AM SO TIRED. 

What the professionals are saying: 

How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Baby is the size of what fruit/ Vegetable?  Head of Cauliflower- which looks a bit smaller than the eggplant last week.... hmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...