Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

36 Weeks



Pregnancy: 36 Weeks.... FOUR MORE WEEKS TO GO....... next week, this pregnancy will be FULL TERM. 

Weight Gain: Went to see my Midwife yesterday, and no weight gain!  Woot!  Still up a total of 26 pounds.  high five!

Next appointment:   I start going every week now, it's the final countdown folks!  Next appt is:  Wed. 9/19 at 11am.

Sleep: - I should change this to DREAMS.  oh goodness, my dreams are nuts.  And pretty scary.  So yeah, very vivid scary dreams, still waking up nightly to go potty.  And i have a cold!  So lots of tossing and turning.. booo..

Gender: we shall see

Names:   Girls first name set- middle name... maybe...  Boys name: STILL nothing

Feeling/ Symptoms: I got my first sickness in 9 months, a cold!  it is not fun being pregnant and sick, since you can't take anything.  I have been drinking lots of fluids, and making my favorite soup.  But i am over it- it's been 3 days now.  Baby is real heavy, making it harder to walk.
 
Movement:  Still lots of movement, Andrew finally really felt the baby move the other day.  As apposed to little jabs and kicks like before- now it's like rolling movements in my belly.  Not a lot a room for little no named baby to move around in there anymore.

Belly:  I realize now, that It's getting bigger. (i haven't really felt HUGE).  My midwife measured me, and i am measuring right on time, 36 weeks, but she said i have a really long torso, so I prob. don't look as big as others that are the same weeks as me...  i never knew i had a long torso.  Wide hips, yes.  Long torso- news to me.


Maternity Clothes:  Today i am not wearing one stitch of maternity clothes.  I have on my Thursday picture tank top, and some yoga pants (not maternity) and a sweater over all of it... I like that i can still wear some of my old stuff.  and It's fall today outside!  Good thing, I'll give birth before winter- zipping up this belly into a coat is a whole other story, and not a cute one.

Stretch Marks: I'm coming to terms with them.

Best Moment Last Week:  Nothing too exciting, this week is CREEPIN' by.  And i got a cold so that wasn't cool, and had a nightmare.... hmmm... can't think of my best moment.  Maybe finding the tv show Revenge on Netflix and starting that.  Next is Downton Abbey!  can't wait.

Nursery:  Trying to get Andrew to finish the bird paintings this weekend so i can have my lady friends over next week for a girls night at my house before the baby comes and so they can see Baby Chobot's room!  Hurry Andrew!!!


What I Miss:  At this point, i miss- sleeping on my stomach, breathing, not having bloody noses, sushi, wine, beer, strong coffee drinks, walking with no pain....  that's good for now.

Looking forward to:   Lamaze class this weekend!  Sat. & Sun from 9am- 3pm.  I think Andrew is nervous, but i am excited to take a class. I think I'll feel like I'm in a movie, i hope he sits be hind me and we breathe real dramatically.  That's what you do in those classes right?  And looking forward to having my lady friends over to my house! I should probably invite them...oh, and GLEE TONIGHT!

What the professionals are saying:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds  and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)
Baby is the size of what fruit/ Vegetable?  Crenshaw Melon



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...