Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

38 Weeks




Pregnancy: 38 Weeks!  Sorry, didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Didn't have the baby yet he/she is still kicking! BUT- we have 2 more weeks!!!  At this point.. i am just waiting.....

Weight Gain:  up 1 more pounds as of yesterday- total weight gain 29 pounds.  (and i can't stop eating!)

Next appointment:   Next week at 39 weeks.  Wed. 10/3 at 9:30am. 

Sleep: Sleep is not so cute anymore. I am finally feeling BIG.  Turning from side to side hurts every muscle in my body.  My back aches just lying there.  But don't get me wrong, i am still sleeping- it's just getting harder. And when i get up to go to the bathroom (all night long)  It takes a while for my hips to balance this heavy weight i am carrying, as to not fall over!

Gender:  I honestly cannot wait to find out!  I know it's exciting to have a baby, but not knowing the sex has made the labor and delivery part- not so scary in my mind, because i CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT if this baby is going to be a boy or girl.  And i honestly don't care either way.. HONESTLY.  Just want a healthy baby. 

Names:  BUT.  If it were a girl, that would be cool- since that's the name we have picked out!! ;)

Feeling/ Symptoms:  At my appointment yesterday i got talked into the flu shot. I feel good with my decision- although I am a hypochondriac so now every sniffle i think i have the flu!  I think i'll be ok though..  Staying positive.  Feeling good besides that, just real BIG. moving hurts.
 
Movement:  Still lots of movement.  At midwife appt. yesterday - she was all poking around on my belly and baby kicked her!  That's my baby! 

Belly:  I measured at 37 weeks this week at 38 weeks.  So she said next week it should start getting smaller as baby drops.  but i feel huge! Finally.. haven't felt too big this entire pregnancy but now.... now i am huge.


Maternity Clothes:  feel pretty proud that i only bought one skirt this entire pregnancy. Thank you to all my momma friends that let me borrow their clothes! OH! and this past weekend i did buy nursing tanks and bras from Target.

Stretch Marks: I'm coming to terms with them.- BUT found more on the lower part of my belly...  guess what... putting on lotion every day does not work.  If you were meant to get them, you will get them...  (just left the same stuff from last week).. there is nothing i can do.

Best Moment Last Week:  going to Buy Buy Baby and Target to get the rest of the stuff i needed.  And baking! In the past few weeks i have baked this and these  both were awesome and completely fulfilling my sweet tooth that this baby has given me.  Tonight i am going to trader joes on the look out for their amazing pumpkin bread mix... mmmm...... (i hope its there!) . best moments.. food.  yep!  OH! and we put the car seat in, and i started packing my hospital bag.....

Nursery:  Nursery is all done!  Here is the link to seem some pictures from my phone of the room.  click HERE

What I Miss:  Still miss sleeping, even though i am sleeping. I am scared of not sleeping.  I love you sleep! 

Looking forward to:  finding out when i will be going into labor. and my last week of work!  Last day: 10/5.  That's if i don't have the baby by then. My mom is 100% sure the baby is coming on 10/5.  Andrew and Hayley  are saying 10/9, my co worker is saying 10/17.  - i am mad at her. haha!  We shall see....

What the professionals are saying:


How your baby's growing:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)


Baby is the size of what fruit/ Vegetable?  a leek?  But i read somewhere else- Watermelon, so that's the picture i'll post.


1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, look how cute you were at 27 weeks! Not that you aren't still but pregnancy is cute and then it is BIG. I'm with ya on the hugeness, sister :) It does look like you are carrying that baby pretty high, maybe it is a girl afterall! You're right about labor, not knowing the sex gives you an excuse to fuzz the hard part and think about the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...