Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

37 Weeks!


Pregnancy: 37 weeks!  This baby is full term folks!!!  So now... we wait.  Will he/she be early? Will he/she be late?  Welp, i'll keep you posted!  3 more weeks till due date.

Weight Gain:  up 2 more pounds as of yesterday- total weight gain 28 pounds.  (and i can't stop eating!)

Next appointment:   Next week at 38 weeks, Thurs. 9/27 at 12:30pm.

Sleep: -I realized that most of my dreams are taking place at my parents house in Dallas.  I think it's my subconscious taking me back to my youth, since I am about to have a baby and soon i'll be a real grown up!  Last night in my dream, my dad was offering me a beer, lots and lots of good fancy beers in Dallas.  haha.  Sleep is good.  Dreams are funny.

Gender: we shall see

Names:   Girls first name set- middle name... maybe...  Boys name:We have progress people!  I think we have narrowed it down to maybe like 3 or 4.... i am hoping for a girl, just for the name alone.

Feeling/ Symptoms: Feeling good. Cold is on the way out and pretty much gone-it took a good week to kick that one.  booo..At my appointment yesterday i found out that i tested positive for the Group Beta Strep test, which of course had me worrying, but i guess it's pretty common and i'll have to get antibiotics during labor as to not pass it on to the baby.  I'm also deciding if I should get the flu shot at my next appointment.  Opinions?  I've never gotten it before and i've never gotten the flu.  Thanks to those i've already talked to!
 
Movement:  There's not a lot of room left in there, the movements are getting pretty dramatic.. I have to re-adjust my sitting position when the baby moves. i like poking him./ her and sometimes i feel like i am high fiving his/her little leg.

Belly:  I measured at 36 weeks again this week.  Midwife said that i'll start measuring smaller as the baby starts drop.....  i still feel big, but not huge.  It's been nice- still totally bearable.


Maternity Clothes:  I think i wore my non maternity yoga pants every day this week.  Dont tell.

Stretch Marks: I'm coming to terms with them.- BUT found more on the lower part of my belly...  guess what... putting on lotion every day does not work.  If you were meant to get them, you will get them...

Best Moment Last Week:  Last week was a baby filled extravaganza!!  We had our Lamaze class AND Toured the hospital. I saw where i'll be giving birth, the room, the hospital the parking situation, the drop off.  it's real now.  The Lamaze class was great, I learned a lot about breathing during labor and i feel good about it.  And, Andrew will be a great coach!  He is calm and collected and remembers the breathing better than i do. Now we wait....And my lady friends came over to my house last night to see the baby's room, it was real fun!! :)

Nursery:  Nursery is all done!  Paintings done.  Everything done.  I'll do a photo post on this later.
What I Miss:  I miss sleeping.  I am sleeping well now, but i am already missing it for when i can't do it anymore.  I have 2 more weekends to sleep in.  (TEAR).  that scares me more than giving birth.  And apparently (as seen in my dreams) I am still missing BEER. 

Looking forward to:   The Emmy's on Sunday!  Seeing my dear friend Erika on Sunday for brunch in the suburbs and hitting up the baby stores one last time before the baby comes. possibly my second to last week of work next week?  EEEEP!

What the professionals are saying:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Baby is the size of what fruit/ Vegetable?  Stalk of Swiss Chard

 

1 comment:

  1. i say yes to the flu shot. i never had one before i was pregnant with ben and i was fine. i feel like they reccommend getting one for a reason, ya know?

    love you, you look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...