Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

32 weeks



Pregnancy: 32 weeks.  Thanks for taking my picture Mary, in Baby Chobot's new room! ;)  I don't have really good lighting in my house- oops!  Any way, 32 weeks... that means.. EIGHT MORE WEEKS TO GO. Officially 2 months. 

Weight Gain:   Went to my midwife on Monday and I am up 3 pounds.. It's never easy to see myself gaining weight. But i know there is a baby brewing in there and it's only right that he/she grows.. there for, i must grow too.  So far weight gain - 21 pounds.  OH!  And i must say, this is one of the first times i had my appt in the later afternoon. AFTER a huge lunch... excuses, excuses..  I guess i am ok, with 21 pounds at 32 weeks....
 
Next appointment:   Next appt. will be at 34 weeks.  On Aug. 29th. (at 8:15am).  Scale don't screw me then!

Sleep:  Sleep has been good. I have gotten used to my pillow again and learned to properly maneuver it with this belly.  I love to sleep. 

Gender:  I have to say on the record I officially think it's a girl now. I know it's either one or the other, but for some reason. I am now going GIRL. I guess because i really thought BOY for so long, i just knew it would prove me wrong and be a girl.  So i'm saying girl now. 

Names:   Girls first name - SET.  Now need to find a middle name that goes well with it.  Thought we might have had a boys name... but ran it by a friend, and now i don't know. hmmmm...

Feeling/ Symptoms:  Feeling good. No Braxton Hicks or anything yet.  I'll take it. Sometimes i forget i am pregnant. Then, i see my reflection....

Movement:  Still officially KICKING my rib cage - found out baby's head is DOWN.  now, we wait...Speaking of rib cage- i used to have one right?  Where did they go? i can't feel it from the outside anymore. Anyway, baby is a real good mover.

Belly:   I love this belly.  It feels really great to let it all hang out.  Belly button still pushing out.

Maternity Clothes:   With Hayley's up coming wedding, i have tried and tried SO MANY dresses.. ordered from different places, tried on, returned.. Fancy dresses while preggers = NOT CUTE. I think i found one though.. i am waiting for the mail to arrive.... 

Stretch Marks:  Again...Sigh, yes.  Left hip. and i see them trying to creep in on my right hip.. :(

Best Moment Last Week: Best moment last week was my ultra sound!  Andrew and i walked in and it was the same tech that i had at my 20 week, and i got really nervous.  (i had a bad 20 week ultra sound) She was so much nicer this time and talked us through it and it went by quickly.  She left the room and came back in soon after saying everything looked great! The doctor didn't need to see us.  The kidney Fixed itself!  and my placenta moved into a good place.  Oh man, we we re so happy.  We celebrated with a McDonald's breakfast.  So happy and thankful that both problems fixed by themselves. And i realized if the tech is quiet and seems rude, there might be something wrong....If she is nice and smiley... YAY!

Nursery:   Did buy a cute bird decal for the wall, but haven't put it up yet. And i think Andrew is going to make some bird prints to put up above the crib, so the bird decal can go on the main wall.  Horray for an artist as a husband! He SHOULD make some art for the baby's room, right??!? ;)

What I Miss:  again, and still drinking with my friends. But i went on a boat for Hayleys bachelorette party- and just being with friends was enough.  Didn't even WANT a drink.  Weird how that works.

Looking forward to:   - I'm looking forward to, Hayley's wedding next weekend!  

- Trying on my new dumb, fancy maternity dress in hopes that it fits.
- Staying in a hotel for the wedding...hmmm. should i bring my preggo pillow??
- Next Saturday my FIVE Year wedding anniversary.  Where has the time gone?  
- Girls trip coming up!  (i keep forgetting).
- Adair coming into town!  Can't wait to see my preggo buddy! :)

What the professionals are saying:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds  and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Baby is the size of what fruit/ Vegetable?   Jicama... whatever that is



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...