Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Song of the Day/ Paul Simon edition

Today's song of the day is super good, and super easy, and just plain SUPER!

SONG: Graceland
BAND:  Paul Simon

It's Paul Simon day over here in Chicago on my favorite radio station XRT (jeez, i really should work for them already).  They have a "friday feature" every friday and today... you guessed it!  Paul Simon.  He's coming to Chicago next week (like i mention, cause he might be hanging out with me and ole Opes (aka Opah) next Tuesday evening.) Everyone is excited!
 
So there are MANY Paul Simon songs that i love, but this one by far takes the cake.  I love it so much that last summer Andrew and I flew to Nashville hung out there, and then rented a car to drive to Memphis- just so i could listen to this song over and over again, because... i was.. "GOING TO GRACELAND, Graceland, Memphis, Tennesse"  ... haha. 
It's not the only reason why we went- but believe you me, i played it over and over again while driving through the beautiful state on my way to Elvis' homeland of Graceland.  (poor Andrew).  He loves me, thank god.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...