So i present to you my top 25 favorite things i love about my new home away from home- CHICAGO.
1. Wicker Park- six corners: This has been my neighborhood since 2001. it's the best
2. Happy Village - it's a bar. It's my neighborhood bar. It's like my Cheers - they know my name.
|best beer garden in town|
3. Street Festivals- all summer long! Drinking beer in the streets.
4. Blue Fin Sushi- OMG. (in wicker park)
5. Bike Lanes- for us city bikers ;)
6. Pizza. But not deep dish, i like the thin crust. My Favorite is D'Agostinos Pizza
7. Free Honkey Tonk Music Friday's at the Empty Bottle - Happy Hour
8. Mexican Food- Specifically, Burritos at Picante. (mainly after happy hour at the Empty Bottle) this is down the street from my house. The closest thing to Tex Mex i have found.
9. Brunch.... Ear Wax Cafe.. haven't been there in a while.. but oh man. so good!
10. Free Music Monday's at Millennium Park
11. The Art Institute of Chicago
|haha! That's me at my bachelorette party in front of the Art Institute...|
12. Kuma's Corner - i mean.. the best craziest burgers in town.
|This is one i actually ate- yes, that is corn and green beans on that burger.- Could also come with a fried egg on top.|
13. Thai Lagoon. One of the first restaurants i ever went to in Chicago. Still my favorite Thai in Wicker Park
14. BYOB- we don't go out to eat a lot, but when we do...in my city we get to BYOB.... Nothing better. did i mention we are penny pinchers? i mean- we pretty much ONLY got to byobs..
15. Neighborhoods. I told Andrew i was doing this and i asked him- what would be in his top 25- and he said.. The Neighborhoods. I already mentioned my neighborhood. But i love all the neighborhoods and that you can walk or bike anywhere.. No need for DUI's in Chicago.. you drink at your corner bar and walk home.
16. Dog Parks- for my Chai Chai
|Chai won this game.|
17. The Holidays in the City
18. The Trains and Buses.. CTA
19. Shopping downtown.. (and being 3 stops off the train to get to H&M on Michigan Ave.).
20. The Theatre Scene in Chicago - i love theatre, did you know?
|(Tony Award winning) August Osage County at The Steppenwolf Theatre Coming soon to a Movie Theatre near you.|
21. Broadway in Chicago. i love musicals.
22. Tank. Did you know i love Asian food? One thing i love more then Asian food is soup. Put them together, and you get TANK- the best PHO in Chicago.
|i ate this soup. It's the best thing ever.|
23. Fashion/ Style. You can get inspiration for shopping just by walking down the street
|i do not know these people.. googled.|
24. Summertime in Chicago in general.. People literally come out of hiding and show skin for the first time in 9 months. It's exhilarating.
25. Lake Michigan. I am lucky enough to have been on a sail boat in Chicago. My friends' parents own a sail boat, and it is magical.
Phew... That was fun!
Apparently i love boozing and eating...but i guess i knew that already.
What do you love about your city?