Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Reading

Hi friends,

So i have been reading like a mad man.  ( i love that show!)




I started The Help on my Europe trip in June and i read a lot on the trip, but then i didn't pick it up again until my girls trip... then i read, and read, and could not put it down.  Oh man.  i cried!!  It was so good! (i let my friend Alison borrow it and she read the whole thing in like 3 days). Then when i was on a work trip the women next to me was also reading the help and she suggested i should read another book.

Heaven is Forreal: 
So like any good reader, i did.  I started this the day after i finished the help, and i sure did miss those old southern ladies.. (so good i tell you).. but i read this book in 2 days. Could not put it down.  I dont want to ruin anything, but it's very interesting and really makes you think.  Especially being raised Catholic.  That is all i'll say. 

I started reading the next book many months ago (i do this a alot)  and just stop my reading kick for a bit- and get obsessed with a new book.  

So i continued reading: The Glass Castle:

i finished this in about a week, and it was so good and heartbreaking and beautifully written. I highly suggest it!   I always get sad finishing a book, it's so nice to be lost in other peoples lives and stories for a little while.. (not too lost, i like my life too!) But, you know what i mean. This was one of those books...

Tonight or tomorrow i am gonna start the Hunger Game Series.

My friends were all reading it on our girls trip and i have heard nothing but good things.
 
Did ya'll read the Hunger Game Series? 

What are you reading?  

Any suggestions for great books? 

Have a great evening! 
xo

2 comments:

  1. have you seen the movie yet? so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep hearing about this series and will want to know what you think. i have been thinking about starting it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...